We (the people of Teach For Us) run a service called Teach For Us and would love for you to use it. We don’t mean to turn you off from blogging, but we need to make clear our respective rights and responsibilities related to this service. Our service is free and is designed to give you as much control over what goes on your blog as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you blog. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear on your blog or get linked to from your blog (things like spam, viruses, or hate content). Also, keep in mind that others, whether or not affiliated with Teach For Us, sometimes use information on the internet for various purposes. If there is anything that you don’t want known or repeated, don’t post it in a blog.
If you find a Teach For Us blog that you believe violates our terms of service, please email us your complaint.
Terms of Service:
These Terms of Service constitute a legally binding agreement made between Teach For Us and you, personally and, if applicable, on behalf of the entity for whom you are using this website (collectively, “You” or “Your”). These terms and conditions govern all use of the Teach For Us website and all content, services and products available at or through the website, including, but not limited to, the Teach For Us free blog hosting service, (the “Website”). By accessing or using any part of the Website, You agree that You have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms of Service. If You do not agree to be bound by these Terms of Service, do not access or use the Website. The Website is offered subject to Your acceptance without modification of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on this Website by Teach For Us. Internet technology and applicable laws, rules and regulations change frequently. Accordingly, Teach For Us reserves the right to make changes to these Terms of Service at any time without notice. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any changes constitutes assent to any new or modified provision of these Terms of Service.
Each participant in the Website is individually responsible for ensuring that confidentiality is maintained in accordance with all governing laws and that all messages posted are professional and in compliance with these Terms of Service.
- Your Teach For Us Account. You understand that You may need to create an account to have access to all of the parts of the Website. In consideration of Your use of the Website, You will: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about Yourself and Your business as prompted by the Website’s registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If You provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if Teach For Us has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Teach For Us has the right to suspend or terminate Your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website (or any portion thereof). In addition, if You create a blog on the Website, You are responsible for maintaining the security of Your account and blog, and You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must not describe or assign keywords to Your blog in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Teach For Us may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Teach For Us liability. You must immediately notify Teach For Us of any unauthorized uses of Your blog, Your account or any other breaches of security. Teach For Us will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If You operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, computer software, or any other material. By making Content available, You represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if Your employer has rights to intellectual property You create, You have either (i) received permission from Your employer to post or make available the Content, or (ii) secured from Your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- You have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not libelous or defamatory (more info on what that means), does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party, is not vulgar, indecent, obscene, pornographic, lewd, lascivious, or excessively violent, and is not in any other way tortious or otherwise wrongful or likely to cause emotional distress, whether through content, frequency, or size;
- Your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- Your blog is not named in a manner that misleads Your readers into thinking that You are another person or company. For example, Your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than Yourself;
- You have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Teach For Us or otherwise;
- Your blog does not violate any law of any applicable jurisdiction, including, without limitation, laws governing privacy, advertising, antitrust, child protection, drugs, encryption, food, financial services, import and export, information systems, intellectual property, obscenity, telecommunications and securities
By submitting Content to Teach For Us for inclusion on our Website, You grant Teach For Us and any affiliated persons or entities a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, translate, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, and delete such content, and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in the Content, in whole or in part, in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. By submitting Content to Teach For Us for inclusion on our Website, You also waive any right to privacy, publicity, likeness, or any similar rights, in any Content submitted.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Teach For Us has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Teach For Us’ sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Teach For Us’s opinion, violates any Teach For Us policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Teach For Us’s sole discretion.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Teach For Us has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Teach For Us does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect Yourself and Your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Teach For Us disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Teach For Us links, and that link to Teach For Us. Teach For Us does not have any control over those non-Teach For Us websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Teach For Us website or webpage, Teach For Us does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect Yourself and Your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Teach For Us disclaims any direct or indirect responsibility for any harm resulting from Your use of non-Teach For Us websites and webpages, or from the use of the contents, products, or services of those websites.
- Intellectual Property Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Teach For Us asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If You believe that material located on or linked to by Teach For Us violates Your intellectual property, You are encouraged to notify Teach For Us via email. Teach For Us will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Teach For Us or others, Teach For Us may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website.
The contents of the Website (including, but not limited to, data, information, design, text, graphics, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, other files, and the selection, arrangement and organization thereof) are owned by Teach For Us, its licensors, the Website participants or other entities, and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. None of the contents of the Website may be copied, reproduced, published, downloaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any manner, except as expressly provided herein. In each case, You should ensure that any indications of ownership are kept intact. Modification of the contents or their use with another aim may constitute an infringement of another party’s property rights.
Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, You are hereby granted a limited, non-exclusive right to use the content and materials on the Website in the normal course of Your use of the Website. You may not use any third party’s intellectual property without the express written permission of the applicable third party, except as permitted by law. Teach For Us retains ownership of its intellectual property rights and You do not obtain any rights therein by virtue of these Terms of Service or otherwise, except as expressly set forth in these Terms of Service.
Trademarks, service marks, trade names, product names, logos, designs, titles, and words or phrases of Teach For Us used on the Website, including without limitation, the mark “TEACH FOR US” and related design marks, are owned by Teach For Us, its licensors or other parties. All page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are trademarks or trade dress of Teach For Us. All other trademarks, trade names and the like that appear on the Website, including without limitation, the mark “TEACH FOR AMERICA” and related design marks, are the property of their respective owners. You may not use any of these trademarks, trade dress, or trade names without express permission. The appearance or use of any third party’s trademarks in Content posted on the Website in no way indicates or implies any affiliation, connection, association, sponsorship, or approval between that third party and Teach For Us.
Under no circumstances shall a link to the Website from the website of a third party imply cooperation between Teach For Us and such third-party website. Teach For Us has no control over third-party websites and therefore assumes no responsibility with respect to contents, products, services, information, hardware or software of websites containing a link to the Website.
- Changes. Teach For Us reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of these Terms of Service. It is Your responsibility to check these Terms of Service periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes. Teach For Us may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service.
- Termination. Teach For Us may terminate Your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If You wish to terminate this agreement or Your Teach For Us account (if You have one), You may simply discontinue using the Website.
- Disclaimers. The Website is provided “as is”. Teach For Us and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Teach For Us nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. We use the means that we believe are reasonable to provide reasonable access to the Website, except in the case of events beyond our control, and subject to any repair or maintenance operations required for the operation of the Website. Teach For Us will not be liable for any failure or deficiency in the performance of the Website by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond our control, including without limitation, a labor disturbance, an Internet outage, interruption of service, communication outage, failure by a service provider to Teach For Us, fire, terrorism, natural disaster or war. You understand that You download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at Your own discretion and risk.
All communications made available as part of the Website and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed in the Website are solely provided by, and are solely the responsibility of, the party posting such communication and do not represent the views or position of Teach For Us. Teach For Us is not responsible for any factual, medical, scientific or legal accuracy of any of the statements posted in the Website, including any material whatsoever posted by any party. Teach For Us disclaims any and all obligations or liability for any claims or damages resulting from any such postings or other content. Teach For Us does not warrant, and expressly disclaims any responsibility for, the accuracy of information or opinions expressed in the participants’ postings, nor does Teach For Us take responsibility for any adverse outcomes that result from reliance on information or opinions expressed in these postings.
Nothing contained in the Website is to be considered as the rendering of legal, medical, professional or other advice for specific cases, and users are responsible for obtaining such advice from their own professional advisers. The information contained on this Website is intended for educational, background and informational purposes only.
- Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances shall Teach For Us, its directors, officers, agents, employees, members, suppliers or the third parties mentioned in the Website be liable to You or any third party for any consequential, incidental, indirect, punitive, exemplary or special damages (including damages relating to lost profits, lost data or loss of goodwill) arising out of, relating to or connected with the use of the Website or information obtained from the Website, regardless of the cause of action on which they are based, whether contractual, tort, product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain types of damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to You. In no event will the liability of Teach For Us arising from, relating to, or in connection with the Website or these Terms of Service exceed U.S. $100.
- General Representation and Warranty. You represent and warrant that (i) Your use of the Website will be in strict accordance with these Terms of Service and with all applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation any local laws or regulations in Your country, state, city, or other governmental area, regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which You reside) and (ii) Your use of the Website will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Teach For Us and its directors, officers, agents, employees, members, agents and representatives (“Indemnified Parties”) from all damages, liabilities, obligations, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation, attorneys’ fees and costs) incurred in connection with any claim, demand or action (“Claim”) brought or asserted against any of the Indemnified Parties: (i) alleging facts or circumstances that would constitute a breach by You of any provision of these Terms of Service or (ii) arising from, related to, or connected with Your use of the Website, including without limitation any opinions or information posted by You. If You are obligated to provide indemnification pursuant to this provision, Teach For Us may, in its sole and absolute discretion, control the disposition of any Claim at Your sole cost and expense. Without limiting the foregoing, You may not settle, compromise or in any other manner dispose of any Claim without the prior written consent of Teach For Us.
- Jurisdiction and Applicable Law. These Terms of Service shall be governed, construed and applied in all respects by the laws of the State of Missouri, without regard to any provision governing conflicts of law. Any dispute arising from this legal notice shall be brought before the federal or state courts located in Missouri. Your use of the Website constitutes Your consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
- Miscellaneous. These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between Teach For Us and You concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a posting by Teach For Us of a revised version. If any part of this agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign Your rights under this agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Teach For Us may assign its rights under this agreement without condition. This agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Information We Collect
Teach For Us is a communications platform for enabling members of Teach For America to blog about their experiences. Accordingly, we collect user-submitted personally identifying information and other information. As part of providing you our services, we may obtain personal information from the following sources:
-Information you provide to us on forms that you enter on the website or that you provide to us in writing.
-Information that you provide to us by telephone, such as when you request contact for help with the website.
-Information we receive automatically when you visit our web site. Please see "Cookies and other Technical Data" below.
-Information from third parties, including verification services, payment processing services, and other online and offline sources. For example, this would include information we receive from a third-party verification service in response to a user requesting a background check on themselves. It would also include updated address or contact information that we might use to correct our records so that we can communicate with you more easily.
We use the information we obtain to develop and deliver our services, to provide you with information that you request, to enhance your online experience, and to fulfill legal requirements.
Providing your information is voluntary and you can always choose not to provide it by choosing not to use our website, services, or features.
To help prevent the unauthorized access of your information, and to maintain the accuracy of the information that we collect, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. Unfortunately, data security can never be 100% effective. As a result we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will remain secure in all circumstances.
If Teach For Us is required by law to notify you of a data security breach, Teach For Us will decide, based upon its own judgment, the method in which to contact you (e.g., e-mail, writing and/or phone) about the breach.
If you use our blog on this website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in this forum.
If you post a blog and/or contact another user, the information that you provide, including any personally identifiable information that you provide, will be made available to third parties.
In addition to the situations described above, Teach For Us may share the information that you provide in the following circumstances:
(ii) Teach For Us may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property or safety of Teach For Us, you, or another person.
(iii) Teach For Us may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
(iv) In the event that Teach For Us, or substantially all of Teach For Us’s assets are acquired, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company. In such a situation, you will be provided with notice that a transfer of your information is imminent, and you will be given an opportunity to opt-out of the transfer of your information.
Age of Users
Teach For Us is intended for people 18 or older and in registering for this site, users are verifying that they are 18 years or older. We have also made an effort to specifically limit Teach For Us’s appeal to people of age 18 or older. Teach For Us will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13.
Teach For Us does not assume any responsibility for misrepresentations regarding the age of any user made in connection with any user’s registration for or use of the website. We may terminate without notice the membership of any user if we believe that the user has provided any false information to us when registering for or using this website.
To enhance user experience, Teach For Us may place a small text file called a “cookie” on a user’s computer hard-drive to store the user’s preferences. If you choose, you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can manually delete individual or all of the cookies on your computer by following your browser’s help file directions. However, if your browser is set to reject cookies or you manually delete cookies, you may have some trouble accessing and using some of the pages and features on our website.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever it is being used to surf the Web. Web servers automatically identify computers by their IP address. Teach For Us may collect IP addresses for the purpose of system administration, to prepare aggregate information, and to monitor the use of this site.
Search engines, such as Google and Bing, are owned and operated by third parties. We have no control over such third parties, including, without limitation, their indexing and “crawling” of information for search purposes.
Should any user have any questions or experience a personal information privacy problem, please email us.